Man With Wooden Leg Escapes Prison
By: James Tate
Man with wooden leg escapes prison. He’s caught.
They take his wooden leg away from him. Each day
he must cross a large hill and swim a wide river
to get to the field where he must work all day on
one leg. This goes on for a year. At the Christmas
Party they give him back his leg. Now he doesn’t
want it. His escape is all planned. It requires
only one leg.
Out of all the poems in the prose packet I liked this one the most. I liked it because unlike the rest it wasn't as long and daunting as the rest. I also really liked the humor in it. It reminded me of a word of mouth story you might hear from your friends or an older relative. I really liked the twist at the end, it was unexpected but it leaves you satisfied with everything you've just read.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree- the twist makes it great!
ReplyDelete