Self Medicated
Take two tablets by mouth every eight hours as directed
or at your own discretion.
Temporarily relieves symptoms associated with the common cold,
stupidity, itchy eyes, failure, headaches, emotional or physical pain
and whatever else you can think of.
Do not use this product if you are
escaping or running away,
trying to forget your past,
or being pressured by peers.
Keep out of the reach of children
at least until they’re old enough to realize
chewable cartoon characters aren’t the only
thing fun about taking pills.
Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health
problems, lead to death or the experience of a lifetime.
The choice is yours, please ingest responsibly!
This poem was "found" from two different sources. This past weekend I went to a NASCAR race which is always fun. You meet all kinds of people and things can get pretty crazy to say the least. Anyways I ran into this group of people and they were all drunk and they wanted to know if I had any pills or anything like that on me. Of course I didn't so I told them no. Later on that night I needed to take some medicine for a massive headache I was having. I turned the bottle over and looked at the directions and warning labels just for the heck of it. I thought about the people from the race and suddenly these two ideas came together. I wanted to play around with the idea of people using pills for things other than their intended purposes mainly because it seems like its all the rage among the younger generation these days. I also wanted to throw some humor in there as well. I feel like I did that but I guess I'll find out when I get workshopped next week.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment