Thursday, March 4, 2010

#24: The Book Of Life (Critical)

The Book of Life
There’s something about the way things fade.
There’s deceit in promises that are made.
There’s art in romance.
There’s beauty in a second chance.
There’s tragedy in heartbreak.
There’s suffering in every mistake.
There’s freshness in every first kiss.
There’s ignorance in bliss.
There’s tenderness in the meaning of love.
There are reasons why sorry isn’t always enough.
There are new beginnings behind every closed door.
There are things and people worth waiting for.
There are heartless people who spare no souls.
There are secrets that should never be told.
There are answers we think we don’t need.
There are some blinded by greed.
There are warning’s we choose to ignore.
There is a continuous hunger for more.
There is the illusion that it’s easier than it looks.
There is temptation every once in awhile to close life’s book.

So this week I dediced to do an anaphora poem. After reading over the comments I was glad to see that some people realized I was using the cliches on purpose. Of course there were some that just thought I was being cliche in general. I was trying to use all this things that we're familiar with to sort of comment on how complex life is and how everything that I mentioned sort of sums up to a certain extent some of what life is all about, if that makes any sense at all to anyone but me. I wanted to try something different with the repition of "there" in the beginning of each line and I think I did that pretty well. I realize now that I could elaborate more on some parts of it and use more interesting and more concrete images because this was very abstract. It's a work in progress....I appreciate all of the helpful suggestions and postive feedback so thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment